Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mount Timpanogas

A few weeks ago, I talked a couple of my friends into going up to Mount Timpanogas and hiking up to the cave. I figured since I have lived in Salt Lake now for over 10 years it was probably about time to be getting myself up there. You know me, I had to take my camera and I took over 100 pictures...so here are just a few of them...I wouldn't want to bore you with too many of them...so these are just a few of my favorites. for some reason, I always like to take pictures of the wildflowers...they always draw my attention. I don't know if it is the beautiful colors or what but I love them!







Of course you have to take a picture of the sign so you know where you are at and where you are going or what you are going to be seeing. I actually didn't take this picture til we got done with the hike. I don't know why I didn't take it at the beginning...but I didn't...and I wanted this to be the first picture on the blog...but I still can't get that part of the blogging figured out... maybe someday I will finally become a pro...but I can tell you now it will definitely be a while!!




This is the only picture I have inside the cave that I am including in the blog. I actually uploaded another picture but somewhere along the way I guess I deleted it...so sorry this is all you get of the inside. I am actually quite impressed with my camera I wasn't really sure if it would work very well inside but it really did a good job.


I got several good shadow and shade pictures, and some good cloud pictures...if I do say so myself!!





This little guy came right up to us...he was not scared of us at all...he did kinda worry my friend...I guess she was afraid he was going to attack her. I always thought that the wildlife was more scared of us than we are of them...definitely not the case with this one!!








I am not really sure what my obsession with trees is, but I totally loved how the trees were growing right out of the rocks...so I had to take a few pictures of that and this was one of my favorites.



that little speck in the middle of the picture is the moon...we left REALLY early...but when we were getting done I was glad we had left that early...it was getting hot on our way down and I felt bad for the people we passed that were going up!!



I totally love this one. sometimes I am just amazed with my picture taking abilities...or probably more like the luck I have with getting some really great shots, because I really don't know what I am doing, I have never taken any classes or anything, but this is one really amazing and cool picture!!!


So I would totally recommend the Mt. Timpanogas hike to anyone who wants to do it. It is not a very long hike, but with us out of shape people just make sure to give yourself plenty of time and take it easy. And definitely stay away from the edge you could fall or lose a water bottle very easily!!!

1 comment: