Sunday, September 19, 2010

60 day challenge

I am doing a 60 day challenge that my sister told me about. A friend of hers decided that there were a few things she needed to work on and put together this challenge. She has talked about going private with the blog but so far hasn't done it, so you can still check out the blog. it can be found at betteryouandme.blogspot.com. So there are 10 goals that we have to work on every day and what I like about the challenge is that it isn't just all physical things we need to work on but it is an all around balanced kind of challenge. Today is day 28 and I am feeling pretty good about things. Some of the things that I thought I would struggle with were eating after 8, not eating sugar and of course the soda...but I have found that when I decide I want to do something I can usually do pretty good at it. The great thing about this challenge though, is that I don't have to do everything on the list for the full 60 days, each week we get a free point in each category so really I only have to go without my soda for 6 days and then I can have a soda!!! Through this challenge though I have found out a couple of things about myself that I will hope to be able to keep doing even after the 60 days are over. I have always liked to eat later and I have found out that I can stop eating by 8:00 and be ok. I have found that if I don't eat sweets I am not gonna die!!! some of the people doing the challenge have told me that they crave sugar and have to have it...I have found that I can say no to sweets even when they are right in front of me. Maybe knowing that I will have at least one day each week when I can eat sweets may be what is getting me through it, who really knows. I just know that I can do better than I have been doing and hopefully this was just the kind of kick start I needed to get me going in a better direction in all kinds of ways!! So even though you can't be an official part of this 60 day challenge you can check it out and see if maybe there are some things on the list of 10 goals that you can impliment in your life and work towards a better you.

No comments:

Post a Comment