Sunday, July 26, 2009

starting the blog and the ward service project

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now but have just never gotten around to it. I don't know if I really have anything to say that anybody else will care about reading, but oh well...I guess that is the whole reason I struggle with keeping a journal. I know I should do it and I will forget stuff if I don't do it...but I still struggle. Anyway...I guess I will just start and see how it goes!!

I did do something this weekend that I have really been feeling like it needed to be written down so I guess no time could be better!!

Saturday morning our ward had an activity. We started out with breakfast at the church and then we went over to a pioneer cemetary and did some clean up work. I don't know if I have ever used a hoe for that long, it was only a couple of hours. And I only got one blister. But I really feel like I helped to do something amazing. I feel like I helped with a service that really needed to be done and it was a lot of fun to hang out with people from my ward and to work. I know, weird, but it really was a great experience. There were so many people there helping and with everybody doing a part we got so much accomplished. The ward even had some stuff going on for the kids, so that more adults could help out, and the youth could help with the kids, and the people that didn't want to or couldn't do those things were able to do some things for the humanitarian center. It was really an amazing activity and I am glad that I was able to be a part of it, even if I really didn't do much! Service is AWESOME and I need to do more of it!!!

1 comment:

  1. That was an awesome activity and you are awesome to help out! Great job on the blog. Keep up the good work. Carrie

    ReplyDelete